The Future of Automated Container Terminals (FACT2014)
10-11 April 2014, Sydney, Australia
Recent events have changed the landscape for the global ports and maritime community, forcing terminal operators to adapt to a new economic climate. Establishing the outlook for automation for the decades to come will be the key focus of this full day workshop, which will also seek to explore the challenges that were encountered in deploying automated equipment in new and existing container terminals.
The workshop will provide a unique forum to discuss recent advances in technology and science behind terminal operations and the ways in which these can improve the competitiveness of ports. It will seek to bring together members of the industry who have experience in designing, deploying and operating automated container terminals as well as analysts and academics who have undertaken research on automation and related fields.
There will be no charge to attend the workshop. The provisional timetable is as follows:
– Title and abstract (200-300 words) to be sent to email@example.com by 15 February 2014
– Preliminary Programme published by 28 February 2014
– Final programme to be published by 15 March 2014
– Online registration (free) by 31 March 2014
– (Optional) Full paper submission by 31 August 2014 (after the workshop)
Edited book to be published in January 2015.